Development Section Home
The Town’s Official Plan describes how land in the Town should be used. It is prepared with input from the public and helps to ensure that future planning and development will meet the specific needs of the community. The Town’s Official Plan:
- establishes the Town’s general land use policies;
- ensures that growth is coordinated and meets the community’s needs;
- assists all members of the community in understanding how their land can be used;
- determines where services such as roads, watermains, and parks will go;
- provides a framework for setting Town standards; and,
- provides a way to evaluate and settle conflicting land uses.
An Official Plan Amendment is a formal document that changes the Town’s Official Plan or an associated Secondary Plan. When Council considers an application to amend the Town’s Official Plan it must have regard to Provincial land use policy documents such as The Greenbelt Plan, Growth Plan for the Greater Golden Horseshoe, The Oak Ridges Moraine Conservation Plan and The Provincial Policy Statement.
If you are considering the submission of an application to amend the Town’s Official Plan and/or Secondary Plans, please click on the links below for access to the Town’s Consolidated Development Application Form and Guide and other related information:
For detailed information regarding the Official Plan Amendment approval process, it is recommended that you visit the Planning & Regulatory Services Department located in the Town’s main Municipal Offices, 225 East Beaver Creek Road, 4th Floor, or contact the Planning Division by calling (905) 771-8910, or via e-mail at email@example.com