Richmond Hill’s Park Ambassador Program’s main objective is to recruit, train and empower local residents 18 and older by allowing them to serve as Park Ambassadors for their communities. Volunteers will be a visible presence in their respective neighbourhood parks by providing helpful information about Richmond Hill to their neighbours and friends, and also relaying any concerns or problems in the parks to the Town. The Ambassadors act as the “eyes and ears” of their communities.
The implementation of this program will empower residents, reduce graffiti vandalism, cut down on damage to playgrounds and curtail suspicious criminal activity in community parks.
Our Park Ambassador Program is expanding and we're looking for individuals interested in volunteering their time.
To qualify to be a Park Ambassador you must:
- be a resident of the Richmond Hill;
- be a minimum 18 years of age;
- act as a Goodwill Ambassador for the Town of Richmond Hill;
- complete the “Tactical Communication Course” provided by the Town of Richmond Hill in conjunction with York Regional Police to ensure you have an understanding of local criminal activity; how you should survey a park for safety and security concerns; how to avoid confrontations, parks by-laws; and how to report incidents;
- have an understanding and knowledge regarding Town events, special events and any other functions that you might need to attend;
- be in your park/parks a minimum of once per week, spring through fall;
- wear some type of identifying golf shirt, hat or jacket with the Town logo supplied by the Town of Richmond Hill;
- attend an annual meeting to go over any updates to the program; and
- provide a Criminal Background Check from York Regional Police.
If you'd like more information about the Program or you're interested in applying to be a Park Ambassador, email firstname.lastname@example.org.