Apply to be an entertainer at events planned by Event Services. Please see below to find out more details on the events available. Note: Upon submission, we will respond to you by email to confirm your spot at an event if you are selected to perform.
|Entertainer Application Guidelines
- Submission of an Entertainer Application Form does not guarantee the entertainer will be offered an opportunity to participate at a Community Services event. Applications are reviewed by Event Services staff. You will be notified of acceptance by the Event Representative who will be your direct contact.
- Entertainer schedule will be assigned to the entertainer by the Event Representative if approved.
- Events will take place rain or shine unless otherwise specified. Entertainers agree to be present despite weather conditions in order to receive payment.
- The Town requires entertainers to provide their own sound equipment (unless otherwise specified).
- Prior to the event, entertainers will receive an email detailing set-up instructions and site location by Event Services. Entertainers must be set up and have vehicles moved from the event area no later than 30 minutes prior to the event starting. Failure to do so may result in the entertainer being removed from the site and service fees withheld.
- Entertainers will be given instructions on where to park their vehicles prior to the event and given a parking pass if applicable.
- Entertainers must come prepared to dolly their equipment onto the site as stage locations vary by event.
- All entertainers are required to check in with the Event Representative when arriving on-site.
- In most cases, entertainers will be offered a location on site to prep for the show and leave their belongings. Richmond Hill is not responsible for damage, theft or loss of property brought in by the entertainer.
- Sound checks must be coordinated with your Event Representative 30 days prior to the event.
- Entertainers are not permitted to sell/distribute promotional materials unless otherwise approved by the Event Representative.
- The Event Representative has the right to inspect the entertainer's equipment at any time before, during and after the event.
- Entertainers agree to allow use of videos and photographs taken at the event for promotional purposes. Any photos taken at the event are property of the Corporation of the Town of Richmond Hill.
- Installation and operation of any exhibits not approved by your Event Representative are prohibited.
- Entertainers are hired service contractors and are in no way representatives of the Town of Richmond Hill.
- Entertainers are required to provide a short biography and headshot to the Event Representative upon request.
- An emcee will be provided for Town of Richmond Hill events. Entertainers are not to act as emcees.
- Entertainers are not permitted to bring or consume alcohol or smoke on the event site at any time.
- Successful entertainers must attach an invoice listing the event name, date, time and location, along with who the payment is payable to and forwarding mailing address, with their Entertainer Confirmation form.
- The Town of Richmond Hill's net terms are 30 days and entertainers will be paid accordingly (unless otherwise agreed upon).
- In most cases, entertainers will receive a cheque payment on event day by their Event Representative.
- Failure to abide by these rules may result in the entertainers' removal from the event and them forfeiting their fee.
Perform at one of Richmond Hill's great community events. To apply, complete the Event Services Entertainer Application Form.
A member of the Events Services team will be in contact with you should you be chosen to participate at Richmond Hill Events.
|General Liability Insurance
- Successful entertainers must supply a copy of General Liability Insurance listing the Corporation of the Town of Richmond Hill as an additionally insured party with a minimum of $2 million coverage.
- The Certificate of Insurance Form must be completed, stamped and signed by both the entertainer and the insurance agent (not broker).
- Entertainers participating in multiple festivals and events are encouraged to get an annual insurance policy covering third party liability valid for all Richmond Hill festivals and events.
Richmond Hill's Got Talent auditions take place every year in February or March. Email us to learn more about auditions.