It is the Town of Richmond Hill's policy that the following notice be posted in an obvious and prominent location on each corporate social media account established and maintained by The Corporation of The Town of Richmond Hill ("the Town"), if such capability exists. The notice must also be posted on RichmondHill.ca for easy access.
Social media sites are third party service providers that are collecting, storing, and managing your personal information whenever you access and use them. Please refer to the specific social media site's terms of service for particulars. Note that the Town has no control over what social media sites do with your personal information.
The Town may collect your personal information for the purpose of including your posts at this page and for the purpose of engaging in an interactive dialogue with you through social media, and does so under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001 (Ontario) but subject to compliance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (Ontario) ("MFIPPA") and Town's Records Retention By-law (the "By-law").
We wish to encourage the expression of thoughts and ideas but this must be accomplished in a respectful and lawful way. In making posts on social media sites, please respect the intellectual property rights of others. For example, do not post information containing copyrighted information or trademarks belonging to others.
Postings on this site do not necessarily represent the views and opinions of Town Council or employees. The information presented on social media sites is for convenience purposes only and the Town makes no representation about the accuracy or truthfulness of postings made by third parties. The Town will not be responsible to you or anyone else for any loss, damage, liability or expense suffered in connection with the use of this site or any of its content.
Please keep the following guidelines in mind when posting and when engaging with the Town through social media:
- Users participate at their own risk, taking personal responsibility for their comments, their username and any information provided. Users should have no expectation of privacy or anonymity.
- Do not post graphic, obscene or explicit comments that are abusive, threatening, hateful or intended to defame anyone or any organization or comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity.
- Content that promotes, fosters or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, colour, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity or sexual orientation will not be tolerated.
- Content must be related to the subject matter of the social media site where it is posted.
- All comments are subject to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA).
- The Town does not allow solicitations or advertisements. This includes promotion or endorsement of any financial, commercial or non-governmental agency.
- The appearance of external links on this site does not constitute official Town endorsement.
- The Town does not allow information that may compromise the safety or security of the public or public system.
- Social media sites are not regularly monitored by the Town. Do not use social media sites to report emergency situations or time-sensitive issues.
- Every effort has been made to ensure the information contained on Town social media sites is correct, however, the Town accepts no responsibility for any errors, omissions or inaccuracies. The Town reserves the right to change notices or descriptions without advanced warning. In case of a difference between the version presented on social media sites and the version of content in the Town's records, the Town's records shall be deemed to be correct.
- The content and the material images the Town posts on its official Town social media sites are protected by Canadian copyright law. Materials and images may not be copied, published, distributed, downloaded or otherwise stored in a retrieval system, transmitted or converted, in any form or by any means, electronic or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the copyright owner. All material is copyrighted by the Town unless otherwise noted.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact us by email at email@example.com
or by phone at 905-771-8800.
Important information about the website
All information provided on this website is given for your convenience only. The Town of Richmond Hill does not accept any responsibility for damages or expenses incurred as a result of reliance thereon. Every effort has been made to ensure the information contained within the Town of Richmond Hill's website is correct, however, the Town of Richmond Hill accepts no responsibility for any errors, omissions or inaccuracies. The Town of Richmond Hill reserves the right to change notices or descriptions without advanced warning. In case of a difference between the version presented on the website and the version of content in the Town's records, the Town's records shall be deemed to be correct.
This website and the material images appearing within it are protected by Canadian copyright law. Such website, materials and images may not be copied, published, distributed, downloaded or otherwise stored in a retrieval system, transmitted or converted, in any form or by any means, electronic or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the copyright owner.
All material is copyrighted by the Town of Richmond Hill.
The sites to which links are provided on this website are not under the control of the Town of Richmond Hill, and the Town of Richmond Hill is not responsible for and makes no representations or warranties concerning the contents of any linked site or any link contained in the linked site. The Town of Richmond Hill provides links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement, investigation or verification by the Town of Richmond Hill of the linked site.